Easy Vegan Curry Risotto
Latest posts by Savvy Maria (see all)
- 12 Plant Foods With More Iron Than Meat - November 27, 2017
- The Ultimate Vegan Christmas Gift Guide 2017 [30+Ideas] - November 25, 2017
- Spicy Sesame Cauliflower [Vegan & Low Cal] - October 7, 2017
Hate having to slave in the kitchen for a vegan meal that will satisfy your appetite? Looking for a quick & easy recipe for those sluggish afternoons that is also healthy and filling? Veggie savvy has your back! Easy vegan curry risotto is a recipe that can be put together in under half an hour. The best part is that you can make it with ingredients that you already have at home! No trip to the store needed!
It tastes fantastic, and it’s great for the whole family. Because let’s face it, who doesn’t like risotto? Or curry for that matter!
The word “curry” is derived from the Tamil word kari meaning “sauce, relish for rice”. Curry powder is many people’s go-to ingredient when they want to spice up their meal! And for good reason! It has a rich taste and texture that is perfect for any dish, especially rice dishes!
I can feel you are already getting hungry so without further ado, here’s the recipe for easy vegan curry risotto:
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 2 thinly chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 8 large white mushrooms or 6 portobello or porcini mushrooms
- 3 thinly sliced bell peppers
- 1 cube vegetable stock
- 2 red onions
- 1 1/2 cup long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Chop all your veggies and put them in a sauce pan with some coconut oil.
- Add long grain rice to the mix along with curry powder, salt and pepper and give it a good stir before adding 3 cups of water and vegetable stock.
- Allow to cook for about 15-20 minutes.
There you have it! Quick and easy vegan curry risotto! You can serve it with fresh rocket and tomato salad with a vinaigrette dressing! Mmm delicious!