Oven Baked Cauliflower With A Tahini Crust [Vegan]
Latest posts by Savvy Maria (see all)
- Creamy Green Hummus [Nutritional Powerhouse] - October 24, 2018
- Grandma’s Olive Bread Recipe [Vegan] - September 19, 2018
- Oven Baked Cauliflower With A Tahini Crust [Vegan] - August 16, 2018
Tahini is a great source of healthy fats. It is also one of the main ingredients for hummus and let’s face it, who doesn’t like hummus? Tahini is a very versatile ingredient that can be used to make all sorts of sauces and dressings. Add a little of bit of fresh lemon juice and you immediately spice up all your salads!
Being a tahini lover, I wanted to create a recipe that would incorporate my love for cruciferous vegetables and the deliciously creamy piece of heaven that is tahini! This is how I came up with this baked cauliflower delight. Very easy to make, and I promise you will not be disappointed by the taste! But before we get to the recipe, let’s go over some of the health benefits of tahini.
- Tahini consists of 20% protein which makes it a great source of essential amino acids. In fact, 20% is a higher protein content than most nuts and seeds.
- It is a great source of vitamins and minerals such as B vitamins, magnesium, iron, zinc and copper. A small amount goes a long way as it helps maintain nerve and bone health as well as improve metabolic functions.
- Lignans found in tahini and other seeds such as flax, have been know to have anti-cancer properties.
- Sesame seeds have a nutrient called Phytosterol that balances hormonal levels, improves arterial health and lowers cholesterol.
- Tahini contains vitamins and amino acids that improve hair and skin health.
Oven Baked Cauliflower With A Tahini Crust [Vegan Recipe]
This oven baked cauliflower recipe is super easy to make, only takes a few minutes of prep and about 40′ minutes of impatient waiting around! This recipe is as simple and as delicious as it gets. All thanks to the tahini crust of course! All you need to do is prepare the tahini batter. Healthy, tasty and ready in now time!
Ingredients: (2 servings)
- 1 cauliflower head cut up into generous pieces
- 3 tablespoons of tahini (you can use raw or roasted)
- the juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tbsp BBQ sauce
- 1 tsp teriaki sauce
- salt & pepper (optional)
- Cut up the cauliflower head into generous pieces (remember it shrinks in the oven)
- Prepare the tahini batter by mixing all the ingredients in a bowl until you have a smooth, creamy consistency.
- Place some parchment paper on a large baking tray.
- Dip cauliflower into batter and place on baking tray.
- Cook for around 40′ to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Serve your baked cauliflower on a bed of rocket and a drizzle of fresh lemon juice!
♥ CONNECT, SHARE & SUPPORT ♥
If you liked this post, make sure to share it with people who would enjoy this recipe.
For updates, stories and much more food follow me on Instagram @veggiesavvy.
If you need help transitioning to a plant-based diet, head over to my Services Page where I offer a 7-Day Personalized Vegan Meal Plan to set you off on the right path. The meal plans are tailored around whole plant foods, include Dr. Michael Greger’s daily dozen, nutritional information and adjusted cooking difficulty.
Use the Contact Page if you want a 1-day free sample meal plan.
Don’t forger to check out my E-Shop for ethical, vegan inspired, handmade, silver jewelry, crochet bookmarks, key rings & more. New listings and cool products on the way!
If you want to receive notifications, remember to subscribe to veggiesavvy’s newsletter for more vegan articles & recipes.
To discuss possible collaborations you can find me on LinkedIn.