Black-eyed Peas & Marrow Mediterranean Salad
Latest posts by Savvy Maria (see all)
- Creamy Green Hummus [Nutritional Powerhouse] - October 24, 2018
- Grandma’s Olive Bread Recipe [Vegan] - September 19, 2018
- Oven Baked Cauliflower With A Tahini Crust [Vegan] - August 16, 2018
Looking for a healthy, nutritional meal, made with all fresh ingredients, that is also vegan and delicious? Well, look no further! This black-eyed peas dish is guaranteed to bring a taste of the Mediterranean to your plate! It’s super easy to make, low-fat, fresh and particularly appetizing! Black-eyed peas and marrow salad is part of the traditional Cypriot cuisine.
The black eyed pea is a legume high in protein, vitamins, minerals and fiber. 100 grams can provide 6.5 g of dietary fiber, 7.7 g of protein and 24 mg of calcium.
Black-eyed peas & marrow salad requires very little time in the kitchen as it piratically cooks itself! All in all, this is the perfect low calorie dish that will satisfy your appetite, provide you with all the nutrients your body needs, and keep your waistline intact! Can’t get any better than this!
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 1 kilo fresh black-eyed peas
- 2 large marrows (you can alternatively use zucchinis)
- lemon juice
- fresh tomatoes
- fresh cucumbers
- fresh onions
- fresh green peppers
- extra virgin olive oil
- Boil black-eyes peas in water in a sauce pan over the stove for approximately 40′ or until cooked
- Cut marrows in chunks and place them in the sauce pan along with half a cup of lemon juice and a tablespoon of salt. Boil for another 10-15′
- Drain and place in a bowl.
- Cut your fresh vegetables (tomatoes, cucumbers, onions peppers) in small pieces and add them to the bowl along with your black-eyed peas & marrow.
- Add a few dribbles of olive oil & juice from freshly squeezed lemons
Easy to make, wholesome, tasty and fresh! A healthy, filling vegan meal that combines nutrients and flavor! Enjoy! ♥