Gluten Free Quinoa Bread Recipe [Vegan]
Simple, Gluten Free & Delicious
This gluten free quinoa bread recipe is as simple as it gets! Ever entertained the idea of making your own homemade bread? Well, here is your chance! Highly nutritious ingredients and amazingly rich taste! A delicious bread recipe made up of super wholefoods!
Superfoods is a term used to describe food that is nutrient-packed and considered to have great health benefits. Superfoods contain large doses of antioxidants, polyphenols, vitamins, and minerals. Consuming superfoods can help you lose weight, reduce risk of chronic diseases and generally allow you to enjoy a higher quality of life.
Chia seeds and quinoa are the main ingredients of this gluten free bread recipe and both have excellent nutritional benefits! Before we move on to the recipe, let’s take a look at only a few of the nutritional benefits of these two superfoods!
- It’s a great source of protein! Quinoa is a complete protein, meaning that it contains all 9 essential amino acids.
- Quinoa is high in fiber which lowers cholesterol levels, normalizes bowel movement and helps control blood sugar levels.
- This amazing ingredient is high in calcium! 1 cup of quinoa provides the average person with 8% of their daily calcium needs.
Should you wish to read more about the benefits of quinoa click here!
- Chia Seeds are loaded with antioxidants which fight the production of free radicals, which can damage molecules in cells and contribute to ageing and diseases like cancer.
- They are very high in Omega-3 fatty acids which improve brain function and heart health as well as fight inflammation and reduce risk of chronic diseases.
- Chia seeds contain high levels of magnesium. 25 g of Chia seeds contain approximately 30% of the recommended daily intake of magnesium. Magnesium’s benefits can include reduced symptoms from conditions such as chronic pain, fatigue and insomnia. Magnesium may also provide protection from a number of chronic diseases, especially those associated with aging and stress.
Gluten Free Quinoa Bread Recipe
Both quinoa and Chia seeds are naturally gluten free and rich in fiber. This makes them the perfect ingredients healthy, nutritious bread alternative!
Let’s look at this objectively!
- Fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside
- Versatile (You can add any herbs and spices you like!)
- Dairy free
- Gluten free
- Sugar free
What more can you ask for? Whether you are health conscious, allergic to gluten or simply want to try something different, this gluten free quinoa bread recipe is right for you!
Ingredients (one loaf):
- 300 g white or red quinoa
- 60 g Chia seeds
- 1/4 cup olive oil or coconut oil
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- a squeeze of lemon or apple cider vinegar to activate baking soda
- half a cup of water
- your choice of herbs, spices and aromatics like paprika, rosemary, thyme or basically anything your taste buds desire!
- You need to start preparing for the recipe the night before you actually want to have it! The first step is to soak the raw quinoa in lots of water overnight. Drain well before use.
- Soak Chia seeds for about half an hour prior to making the bread.
- Add the quinoa and Chia seeds into a food processor.
- Start adding the rest of the ingredients one by one. Add the olive oil, salt and baking soda.
- Squeeze in a bit of lemon or some apple cider vinegar and watch the reaction as it activates the baking soda! Cool stuff!
- Add half a cup of water and any herbs and spices you like!
- Mix for around 3-4 minutes so the quinoa breaks down so the mixture is nice and creamy!
- Put some grease proof paper into a baking tin.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tin.
- Garnish with some sunflower seeds and place in the oven at 160 degrees Celsius for 1 and half hours.
There you have it! Gluten free quinoa bread recipe! Simple, golden, gorgeous and delicious! Remember you can use the same mixture to make vegan pancakes or even pizza dough! Fantastic! Enjoy!
And as always, for more veggie news, articles and awesome recipes don’t forget to subscribe to our weekly newsletter, like veggiesavvy’s Facebook Page and follow me on Twitter and Instagram! Much Love ♥ ♥ ♥