Gluten Free Vegan Pizza
Latest posts by Savvy Maria (see all)
- Creamy Green Hummus [Nutritional Powerhouse] - October 24, 2018
- Grandma’s Olive Bread Recipe [Vegan] - September 19, 2018
- Oven Baked Cauliflower With A Tahini Crust [Vegan] - August 16, 2018
We all love pizza! When I was first considering turning vegan, I thought I would have to give it up! Of course, that is not the case! Pizza is the holy grail of all foods and its delicious in all it’s variations including the vegan one! Gluten free vegan pizza is a healthy, yet amazingly tasty, version of our favorite food. It’s easy to make, and kids can take part in the cooking process as they love working with dough!
The modern pizza was invented in Naples, Italy, and the dish and its variants have since become popular in many areas of the world. Our gluten free vegan pizza recipe has a Mediterranean feel. I have not used vegan cheese as I wanted my version to be lighter, low in fat and of course gluten free. Having said that, feel free to sprinkle a vegan cheese of your choice on top. This vegan cheese by GreenVie Foods is especially great for the cause! It’s dairy, soy, gluten, lactose and palm oil free.
Alternatively you can add some nutritional yeast to your pizza sauce which will give it a cheesy kick!
What makes a great tasting pizza is a thin crust, a rich sauce and fresh veggies! And boy, have we got it all for you! No more buying packaged pizzas from the supermarket that have no nutritional value!
At a very low cost you can make a gluten free vegan pizza that the whole family can indulge in without guilt! Fresh, organic ingredients are the key to success!
Enough talking! Let’s get cookin’!
Ingredients (1 large pizza – 8 generous pieces):
For the dough:
- 2 cups gluten free brown flour
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin organic olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup water (you can add more depending on how elastic your dough feels)
- 1/2 tablespoon yeast
For the sauce:
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- a pinch of salt
- a couple tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
For the topping:
- 4 finely sliced firm tomatoes
- 5 chopped white mushrooms
- 10 black olives
- 3 green bell peppers
- vegan cheese (optional)
- Mix ingredients for the dough, knead mixture and allow to settle for half an hour
- Mold the dough into a thin circular crust using a dough roller
- Mix the sauce ingredients in a bowl and using a spoon apply a rich layer on the whole surface of the dough
- Add your veggies and vegan cheese (optional) evenly on the dough surface
- Place it in the oven at 180 degrees C for half an hour
Your gluten free vegan pizza is now ready! And let me tell you, it doesn’t get much better than this! Give it a try and do let me know in the comment section below how you like it! Enjoy!