Green Peas in a PoNd
Latest posts by Savvy Maria (see all)
- Oil Free Meatless Meatloaf Recipe [GF & Vegan] - May 16, 2018
- 5 Ways To Eat More Greens - May 9, 2018
- 5 Ingredient No-Bake Vegan Flapjacks [Oil & Refined Sugar Free] - April 28, 2018
On today’s menu we have another Greek-Cypriot traditional vegan dish! The Mediterranean cuisine is essentially plant-based, so my mom made sure that there always were lots of veggies on the table!
Making this dish a few days earlier, brought back irreplaceable memories from my childhood. The wonderful smells of herbs and spices, the image of the whole family gathered around the table for a wholesome meal.
Hopefully this will be a dish that you can make for your children one day to show them how delicious it can be to include legumes and vegetables in their diet!
Ingredients (4 servings):
- ½ kg fresh green peas
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- ½ cup tomato puree (alternatively you can use fresh tomatoes!)
- 2 thinly sliced carrots
- 2 potatoes cut into small pieces (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Boil some water in a cooking pan over a stove
- Add the peas, olive oil and vegetable stock to the pan. Allow the peas to boil until thoroughly cooked. This should take around 20-25 minutes
- Add the tomato puree, sliced carrots and potatoes. Stir well and allow the mixture to boil for another 10-15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper
There you go! Peas in a smooth tomato sauce! Nutritious and delicious! Serve with slices of lightly toasted whole-grain bread so you can dip into the pond of sauce!♥