Revitalizing Ginger Shots [No Juicer Needed]
Latest posts by Savvy Maria (see all)
- Oil Free Meatless Meatloaf Recipe [GF & Vegan] - May 16, 2018
- 5 Ways To Eat More Greens - May 9, 2018
- 5 Ingredient No-Bake Vegan Flapjacks [Oil & Refined Sugar Free] - April 28, 2018
The Benefits Of Ginger
Ginger is the root of the tropical flowering plant Zingiber officinale which is believed to have originated in the Indian subcontinent. It is widely used as a spice as well as being an important ingredient in holistic medicine. Ginger is essentially an aromatic herb that is packed with vitamin C, magnesium, potassium, copper, and manganese. It can be used to make teas, soups, sauces and of course, ginger shots!
Let’s take a closer look at the benefits of Ginger:
- Helps to strengthen the immune system. Ginger allows the cleansing of the lymphatic system by breaking down toxins in the organs. In this way, it minimizes the risk of infections, especially in the respiratory system.
- Lowers cholesterol levels. According to clinical trials, 3 grams of ginger powder a day can significantly reduce LDL cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels. 2 grams of ground ginger daily can reduce your fasting blood sugar up to 12%.
- Heals the gut. Ginger aids in digestions and promotes the release of intestinal gas, thus relaxing the gut and the stomach.
- Helps reduce pain and inflammation. This is likely due to its potent compounds like gingerol and shogaol. Gingers helps reduce joint pain and reduce levels of inflammation.
- Boosts metabolism. Ginger increases thermogenesis in the body which in turn affects metabolism and fat storage.
- Improves memory and other brain functions. Ginger enhances attention and cognitive processing capabilities.
Revitalizing Ingredient Combo
There is nothing better than kick starting your day with a refreshing juice that will boost your energy levels as well as supply you with all important vitamins and nutrients. Nutrition plays such an important role on our overall well-being and many of us often forget that. Make sure to always nourish your body with nutrient-dense foods and enjoy the long-term benefits. Your body is the vehicle that is going to carry you through life. Always be good to it, regardless the circumstances.
Today’s recipe is super simple to make. Very few ingredients, minimal effort and the only equipment needed is a high speed blender. Our ginger shots are nutrient-packed, refreshing and delicious! You can make larger volumes and keep refrigerated for up to a week. You can also place the mixture in ice cube trays and freeze and thus add a few to your morning smoothies or tea!
Let’s get to the recipe!
Ginger Shot Ingredients:
- 15 g frozen ginger
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1 lemon/lime
- 1 green apple
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1/2 cup water
- a few fresh mint leaves
- Freeze your ginger root overnight to make it easier to blend without leaving traces.
- Add all your ingredients in the blender and pulse for a few seconds or until the mixture has a nice runny, smooth consistency.
That’s it! That’s all you have to do! Just pour your mixture in a glass jar and keep it in the fridge so you can have ginger shots every single day!
If you like this recipe, make sure to give it a thumbs up and if you happen to post your pictures on Instagram, don’t forget to tag veggiesavvy!
If you want to receive notifications, remember to subscribe to veggiesavvy’s newsletter for more vegan articles & recipes and support me on my social media channels on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram! Much Love ♥ ♥ ♥