Simple Quinoa Recipe in Under 30′
Latest posts by Savvy Maria (see all)
- Carrot Cake Breakfast Bars [Vegan, No Bake & Refined Sugar Free] - July 30, 2018
- Vegan Raspberry Beet – Yes Beet! – Ice Cream - July 28, 2018
- Red Lentil Stew Recipe [WFPB, Oil Free] - July 2, 2018
At veggiesavvy.com we strive to give you the tastiest recipes that have great health benefits, are super easy to make and do not require a lot of time and effort in the kitchen. You will truly love this simple quinoa recipe that can be ready in under 30′.
Whether you’re a parent looking to whip up something healthy for the family in no time, or a hasty professional on the go, this simple quinoa recipe is a great option for you!
Quinoa comes in three varieties: white, red and black. It is a superfood. That means that it’s nutrient packed. It contains large doses of antioxidants, polyphenols, vitamins, and minerals. It has a fantastic taste and can be cooked in the same way as rice.
Some of the benefits of quinoa that can be found here. Quinoa is a great source of protein ( 1 cup cooked quinoa can provide 16% of your daily protein needs), iron and calcium.
Personally, I find quinoa to have a very rich and satisfying taste so a simple quinoa recipe is always on the top of my meal options list!
This simple quinoa recipe can be prepared exactly like a stir fry, making it less time consuming!
Let’s have a look at how you too can have a quinoa dish in no time!
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 1 1/5 cup rinsed quinoa
- 3 bell peppers
- 2 onions
- 1/3 cup baby corn
- 2 finely chopped carrots
- 1/3 cup green beans
- 1 tablespoon organic raw coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Add some coconut oil to a sauce pan
- Finely chop all your veggies, place them in the pan and allow to cook for a few minutes while stirring
- Rinse quinoa and add it to the mix
- Add the soy sauce, chilli powder (optional), salt & pepper
- Cover with water and allow to cook for about 15′ or until all water has been absorbed
You can serve it with a fresh, cold, green salad or some sweet potato rings that are very popular with children. This simple quinoa recipe is very versatile so it goes well with almost anything. Enjoy and be sure to leave your remarks or questions in the comment section below! Bon appetit!