Super Easy No Bake Vegan Oreo Cake
If you are a chocolate addict like me, then this recipe is for you! Oreo cookies are one of those accidentally vegan treats that nobody can resist! Not the healthiest thing in the world but hey, we all deserve a cheat day! Beware though, not all Oreos are vegan. In some countries, Oreos may contain milk products so make sure you read the label before use!
If you love chocolate, I strongly suggest you try this recipe! It’s rich and filling and will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth!
Â Super Easy No Bake Vegan Oreo Cake
Most of us live hectic lifestyles, and let’s face it, the majority of cakes require long kitchen hours. Let me assure you that this super easy, no bake vegan Oreo cake will not keep you busy for long! It’s a quick n’ easy vegan dessert that will impress you and your guests. And guess what! Kids love it!
This recipe does not require any special culinary skills, nor many ingredients! In fact, my guess is that you already have most, if not all, the ingredients in your cupboard!
I’m no expert when it comes to making deserts. To be rather frank, I my attempts usually go to waste. But this no bake vegan Oreo cake recipe is so easy that even beginners can end up with a fantastic vegan desert!
No bake vegan Oreo cake is relatively high in calories so try not to overdo it! Just a friendly suggestion as it’s so good you probably won’t be able to control yourself! Having said that, if you use a low sugar version of the ingredients, you can lower the calories considerably. And make it healthier! But let’s get right to the chase so you make up your own mind!
- 200g dairy free chocolate
- 200ml coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powderÂ
- 100g peanut butterÂ
- 3 tablespoons coconut oilÂ
- 250g classic Oreo biscuitsÂ
- In a food processor blend the Oreos with coconut oil.
- Melt the chocolate with some cocoa powder and coconut milk using the bain-marie method (a pan of hot water in which a cooking container is placed for slow cooking.)
- In a round cake pan place the Oreo mixture. Use your fingers to spread the base evenly. Place in the freezer for about 10 minutes to harden.
- Layer the peanut butter on top of the Oreo mixture and place in the freezer again for a few minutes.
- Repeat the last step with the melted chocolate.
- Place your cake in the fridge for 2 hours or in the freezer for 40 minutes.
Voila! Serve with some fresh strawberries for the perfect vegan dessert! Super easy, no bake vegan Oreo cake in a heartbeat! Who could ask for more! Give it a go and and leave pictures of your own cake in the comment section below! Chocolate craving satisfied!Â â¥