Sweet Potato Mini Burgers
Latest posts by Savvy Maria (see all)
- Creamy Green Hummus [Nutritional Powerhouse] - October 24, 2018
- Grandma’s Olive Bread Recipe [Vegan] - September 19, 2018
- Oven Baked Cauliflower With A Tahini Crust [Vegan] - August 16, 2018
Looking for a way to convert your omnivore friends to a vegan diet? We’ve got the most delicious solution! Sweet potato mini burgers will convince even the greatest meat fans that plant-based dishes are better!
This recipe is great for both family meals and parties! All your guests will leave feeling satisfied and impressed!
Sweet potato is one of my personal favorite ingredients! It’s so versatile that you can use it in plenty of recipes! It has a sweet, rich, starchy taste and high nutritional value! Sweet potatoes are rich in complex carbohydrates, dietary fiber and beta-carotene.
It’s funny that back in the day when I used to eat meat, I avoided burgers because I hated the texture. And now I just can’t get enough! Sweet potato mini burgers are so deliciously juicy and filling!
This recipe is also great for kids as it provides a healthy, plant-based alternative to conventional meat burgers which have a high fat and cholesterol content and are extremely harmful to their health. Sweet potato mini burgers are gluten and saturated fat free. Made with the freshest and healthiest of ingredients!
You can make homemade sweet potato mini burgers at very low cost, since all the ingredients used are very inexpensive. Super healthy and super cheap! What a combo for a wholesome family meal!
Without further delay, here’s how to make Sweet Potato Mini Burgers, vegan style!
Ingredients (10-12 mini burgers):
- 1 large sweet potato ( or alternatively two small ones)
- 1 cup butternut squash
- 1 large onion
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats
- 2 gloves garlic
- 1 cube vegetable stock
- a pinch of Himalayan salt
- fresh parsley
- black pepper (to taste)
- Cut into small pieces and steam sweet potatoes and butternut squash until soft
- Finely chop onion garlic and parsley
- Mix all the ingredients together and blend
- Allow the mixture to settle in the freezer for half an hour to allow easy molding
- Mold into mini burgers
- Place in the oven at 190 degrees C for 20-25′ or fry in coconut oil for a few minutes on each side until golden
- You can also make extra and store in the freezer!
As a side dish you can have some roasted pumpkin or some oyster mushrooms for the ultimate healthy sweet potato mini burger experience! Enjoy!