Vegan Black Beans Chili
Latest posts by Savvy Maria (see all)
- Carrot Cake Breakfast Bars [Vegan, No Bake & Refined Sugar Free] - July 30, 2018
- Vegan Raspberry Beet – Yes Beet! – Ice Cream - July 28, 2018
- Red Lentil Stew Recipe [WFPB, Oil Free] - July 2, 2018
Vegan black beans chili is the perfect comfort food! The black turtle bean is a variety of common beans, especially popular in Latin American cuisine. Did you know that 100 g of black turtle beans can provide 21 g of protein which accounts for 42% of your daily value? And they say vegans can’t get enough protein!
100 g of black turtle beans can also provide 16 g of dietary fiber ( 64% DV), iron, calcium and magnesium! The black turtle bean has a dense meaty texture which makes it great for use in vegan dishes!
This vegan black beans chili is easy to make, nutritious and oh so delicious! It’s a fantastic dish for spicy food lovers! Enjoy a hot, steamy bowl of cruelty-free chilli with all your friends and family!
Let’s cut to the chase!
Ingredients (4 servings) :
- 2 cups of black turtle beans
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 1/2 cup sweet corn
- a few red & yellow bell peppers (finely chopped)
- chilli peppers (quantity varies on how spicy you would like your dish to be!)
- 2 large onions
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 tomato passata
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- chilli powder (to taste)
- curry powder (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- Soak black turtle beans in warm water overnight to soften
- Finely chop onions and bell peppers
- Drizzle some olive oil to a sauce pan and add the onions, bell peppers and sweet corn. Let the mixture simmer for 5′ whilst stirring.
- Add the black turtle beans, red lentils, chilli peppers, tomato paste & passata to the mixture.
- Cover with water
- Add vegetable stock cubes, salt, chilli and curry powder
- Allow the mixture to simmer until the sauce has a nice creamy texture
Now all you have to do is enjoy the end result! You can combine it with some brown rice or some potato puree for maximum indulgence! White wine compliments the dish nicely! Give it a go and let me know how you like it in the comment section below!