Vegan Flourless Banana & Chocolate Brownies
Latest posts by Savvy Maria (see all)
- Carrot Cake Breakfast Bars [Vegan, No Bake & Refined Sugar Free] - July 30, 2018
- Vegan Raspberry Beet – Yes Beet! – Ice Cream - July 28, 2018
- Red Lentil Stew Recipe [WFPB, Oil Free] - July 2, 2018
Being the chocolate addict that I am (let’s stop kidding ourselves, we all are!), I am always trying to come up with different recipes that have a rich chocolate taste but which are also healthy and low in sugar. Vegan banana & chocolate brownies are the perfect dessert.
I am also not too keen on spending endless hours in the kitchen so quick and easy is what I strive for!
So, without further ado, here’s this week’s recipe that will leave you begging for more: quick, healthy, gluten-free, refined sugar-free & delicious vegan banana & chocolate brownies!
- 2-3 ripe bananas (appr. 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder ( you can use more or less depending on how rich you want the taste to be)
- 1/3 cup smooth almond butter
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (optional – I am a bit of a nut!)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Grease and set aside a small cake pan.
- Preheat the oven at 170 C.
- Mash up the bananas with a fork.
- Melt the nut butter over a stove top.
- After the butter has melted add it to a large bowl and mix in the rest of the ingredients: vanilla extract, cocoa powder, bananas and peanut butter. Stir and mix well.
- Add the mixture to the cake pan and place it in the oven for 20-25 minutes. It should still be moist when you take it out of the oven.
- Let it cool on the kitchen counter for about an hour and then cut it into square pieces. Voila!
All that is left for you to do now is indulge in chocolate goodness! Give it a go and let me know how it turns out! I’d love to hear from you in the comment section! Enjoy!