Vegan Raspberry Beet – Yes Beet! – Ice Cream
Latest posts by Savvy Maria (see all)
- Creamy Green Hummus [Nutritional Powerhouse] - October 24, 2018
- Grandma’s Olive Bread Recipe [Vegan] - September 19, 2018
- Oven Baked Cauliflower With A Tahini Crust [Vegan] - August 16, 2018
Eat More Beets
It was not long ago that I published a post called 5 Reasons To Eat Beets Every Day. Well, I thought I’d put my money where my mouth is and show you how you can eat more beets the fun way!
I know it might sound strange but I assure you that this raspberry beet ice cream is as delicious as it gets! But before we get into the recipes here’s a few reasons why you should try it out:
- Berries are high in antioxidants
- Berries have a low glycemic index
- Beets lower blood pressure
- Beets fight inflammation and help in detoxifying the liver.
For more nutritional information head here
Vegan Raspberry Beet Ice Cream – Yes Beet! –
This is a healthy ice cream recipe that needs no other equipment than a high speed blender. It’s deliciously sweet and tangy at the same time and I promise that even if you are not a fan of beets, you cannot even taste them. This raspberry beet ice cream is dairy & refined sugar free. You get all the nutrition benefits with the perks of having ice cream! C’mon that’s just gotta count for something!
Ingredients For Creamy Version (3 Servings):
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (you can use any plant milk you prefer)
- 1 cup of beets (boiled, drained and cooled)
- a teaspoon vanilla extract
Ingredients For Sorbet Version (3 Servings):
- 1 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup beets
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup (optional)
- Boil, drain and refrigerate beets until cool
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and pulse until smooth.
♥ CONNECT, SHARE & SUPPORT ♥
If you liked this post, make sure to share it with people who would enjoy this recipe.
If you need help transitioning to a plant-based diet, head over to my Services Page where I offer a 7-Day Personalized Vegan Meal Plan to set you off on the right path. The meal plans are tailored around whole plant foods, include Dr. Michael Greger’s daily dozen, nutritional information and adjusted cooking difficulty.
I also offer content writing services for new or established blogs.
To discuss possible collaborations you can find me on LinkedIn.
Don’t forger to check out my E-Shop for ethical, vegan inspired, handmade, silver jewelry, crochet bookmarks, key rings & more. New listings and cool products on the way!
If you want to receive notifications, remember to subscribe to veggiesavvy’s newsletter for more vegan articles & recipes.